(Successful version of time management)
Time is the coin of life, It is the only coins have, And only you can determine,
How it will be spent, Be careful, lest you let, Others spend it for you
What is the ‘Time Management’?
Somebody says managing things in an optimum time frame is referred as Time Management. But Jack D.Ferner writes in his book ‘successful Time Management’ that “Time Management means the efficient use of our resources, including time, in such a way that we are effective in achieving important personal goals”
What is Time Topology?
Time Topology means, define, and determine, what to do, when to do, and how to do.
Science of situation with respect to time is called Time Topology.
what is the time?
Time is the ratio between energy and effective action.
When, Action is constant, then
when, energy is constant, then
here ‘Action’ means effectiveness of action.
- Physical and psychological knowledge:
It is too important to know yourself with the respect of health, many psychological and physical disease disturb the working with the help of this data you find your biological prime time.
Yesterday is already a dream, And tomorrow is only a vision,
But today-well lived, makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and
Every tomorrow a vision of hope.
There are no gimmicks or shortcuts. Sloppy time management is just like a bad habit. You must be committed to doing something about it —- the same as losing weight, stopping smoking, or beating the drug habit.
Mood and state of progress:
You must have data on where you spend your time, what your problems are, and the causes. You should know that time logs and other forms of analysis are essential.
The mind cannot be creative if you, Are always busy, always talking,
Always pursue tangible end.
You may be saying “I do not have time to plan.” But effective time topology always requires planning, whether you are managing the family budget, a business, or time. An hour of planning will save you many hour of doing the wrong things, fighting’s crisis, avoiding the un-important.
- Follow-up and reanalysis:
A plan won’t work very well, no matter how good it is, if you do not monitor results, detect problems, and modify the plan.
Golden points of time topology:
Find out how use time now. Use time logs and other means to get accurate recording.
Know what your priorities are … spend time on your priorities.
Analyze your time log to identify your problems —- activities that are taking up large amounts of time on things that are non-essential to studying activities.
Practice self-assessment identifies your strengths and weaknesses. Occasionally, appraise your abilities, resources, interests, and present situation. Consider how appraisal statements (‘I am’,’ I can’) match up with goal statements (‘I need’,’ I desire’).
Set proper study goals that are important to you. Establish their relative importance by means of priority.
Develop action plans to achieve your important goals. Define tasks, resources needs, and a time frame.
The types of questions that you need to answer in your time planning are:
- What and why are you doing is your action productive?
- When are you doing it?
- How much time are you spending doing it?
- Who are doing it with you?
- Where are you? Now
- Develop action plans to achieve your important goals. Define tasks, resources needs, and time frame.
- Make a basic schedule. Don’t get complex or rigid.
- Use the power of lists (Tick and cross theory) keep a calendar of important events (such as exams, essay due dates, doctor visit, birthdays)
- After scheduling and listing, implement the action plans, use a planning guide, to-do lists, and other aids.
- Develop your concentration; apply different techniques and solutions for overcoming specific time management problems such as interruptions, crises, procrastination, or inefficient meetings.
A vision without a task is but a dream, A task without a vision is drudgery,
A vision and a task is the hope of the world.
- Learn to say ‘No’.
- Be flexible, if one approach is not working, change it.
- Everyone has the same amount of time, please try to do it right the first time.
- Follow up and reanalyze, keep score for continued improvement.
That’s really all there is to it. There are also some new concepts to think about adding to your toolbox of skills. Above points shows that time topology is self-management it involves all your skills
E.g. planning, organizing, implementing, and controlling.
Remember, good time topology for a student is not about creating an intricate schedule that makes you account for every second of your day. It is about one simple choice: either you will control your subject, or it will control you. Right time topology puts you in control.
Octet rule of ‘Time topology’: (3D Theory of time topology)
“What is right and what is practicable are two different things”
- Important: All those things which are directly related to your goals.
- Urgent: Those matters which are at the deadline or short time decision matters.
- Possible: those matters which are in the range of your strength, with respect to ability and with respect to economy, and with respect to scenario.
Please read the following all octets and distribute your tasks with respect to this octet:
- (Important, Urgent, Possible): Action/Present octet
- (Important, Urgent, Impossible): Wish Octet
- (Un-important, Urgent, Impossible): Quick ‘No’ Octet
- (Important, Un-urgent, Possible): Future plan Octet
- (Important, Un-urgent, Impossible): Long term dream Octet
- (Un-Important, Un-Urgent, Impossible): Un-effective octet
- (Un-Important, Un-Urgent, Possible): Danger Octet
- (Un-Important, Urgent, Possible): Ordinary or daily routine problem Octet
“What counts is not the number of hours you put in but how much you put in those hours.”
- Fill the octet with respect to priorities or important + urgent + possible formula such as goals, tasks, meetings, and etc.
- Start with action octet —- it is the best use of time.
- Fight procrastination — do it now if it is important.
- Subdivide large, tough into smaller, easily accomplished parts.
- Eliminate danger octet from your life. It is the mountain between you and success.
- Learn to right use of ‘no’, otherwise ‘NO’ uses you.
- Accumulate similar tasks, and do those all at one time, here apply sequence theory.
- Don’t disturb from the ‘ordinary octet’. Minimize routine tasks — spend only the time they deserve.
- Avoid perfectionism, 70:30 = perfect: ordinary ratio, control rigidness.
- Study your skills with the respect of health, economy, and environment, so avoid over commitment. Be realistic about what you can do in the time available.
- Proper work with lot of study on three most important octets –wish octets –future octets –long term dream octets and by hard working turned all their events into first octet i.e. action octet
- Don’t over schedule. Allow some flexible time for crisis interruptions.
At the last I quote Thomas Edison:
“Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.”