Health is a state of completes physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity…
Disease is a condition in which body health is impaired…
Illness is a phenomenon in which one or more natural functions of the body are disturb…
Health is the level of functional or metabolic efficiency of a living organism. In humans, it is the general condition of a person‘s mind and body, usually meaning to be free from illness, injury or pain (as in “good health” or “healthy“). The World Health Organization (WHO) defined health in its broader sense in 1946 as “a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” Although this definition has been subject to controversy, in particular as lacking operational value and because of the problem created by use of the word “complete,” it remains the most enduring. Other definitions have been proposed, among which a recent definition that correlates health and personal satisfaction. Classification systems such as the WHO Family of International Classifications, including the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) and the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), are commonly used to define and measure the components of health.
There are two great medicines,…,diet and self-control…
Systematic activities to prevent or cure health problems and promote good health in humans are undertaken by healthcare providers. Applications with regard to animal health are covered by the veterinary sciences. The term “healthy” is also widely used in the context of many types of non-living organizations and their impacts for the benefit of humans, such as in the sense of healthy communities, healthy cities or healthy environments. In addition to health care interventions and a person’s surroundings, a number of other factors are known to influence the health status of individuals, including their background, lifestyle, and economic, social conditions, and spirituality; these are referred to as “determinants of health.” Studies have shown that high levels of stress can affect your health.
Importance of health education
- We live in a very bewildering world. Accidents kill 4% of us. Diseases kill 96%.Each of the diseases that kill us are preventable. Not curable – but preventable.
- Health education builds students’ knowledge, skills, and positive attitudes about health
- Health education teaches about physical, mental, emotional and social health.
- It motivates to improve and maintain their health, prevent disease, and reduce risky behaviors.
- Health education promotes learning in other subjects! One study showed that reading and math scores of third and fourth grade students who received comprehensive health education were significantly higher than those who did not. In general, healthy students learn better. Numerous studies have shown that healthier students tend to do better in school. They have higher attendance, have better grades, and perform better on tests.
- Health education is important since it helps to improve or advance the health status of individuals, families, communities, states and the nation at large. It also enhances or boosts the quality of life for all people.
- Health education is the discipline dedicated to designing, implementing, and evaluating health programs and materials that improve the health of individuals, families, and communities. Health education is one of the tools of health promotion.
- Health education is important because it allows people the opportunity to know how to take care of themselves. It also helps people to help others by informing them of ways to better
- Understand the importance of safe motherhood and newborn health . In order to spread the message, it is important to know the facts. The basics are: Girls who are educated and healthy
The issues of development, environment and health are closely entwined. This reflects the complex links between the social, economic, ecological and political factors that determine standards of living and other aspects of social well-being that influence human health. A healthy population and safe environments are important pre-conditions for a sustainable future.
It is more important to know what kind of patient has the disease than what kind of disease the patient has,…