Every condition of health and disease in human, has its origin in other processes before human himself is involved (i.e self- awareness).Take the example of Dengue (i.e importance of awareness course),… Dengue is not contagious and does not spread from person to person by physical contact.
The symptoms usually develop within 4-7 days after being bitten by an infected mosquito(Role of technology). Symptoms of classic dengue include:
- – High fever (up to 40.6 C)
- – Severe headache with retro-orbital (behind the eye) pain
- – Severe joint and muscle pain
- – Nausea and vomiting
- – Body rash which appears on day 3 or 4
The most effective way of preventing dengue fever is by taking precautions to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes(i.e Environmental awareness).
Dengue fever is caused by a virus which is transmitted by an infected Aedes mosquito – Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus(i.e Medical knowledge).
Mosquitoes become infected when they bite infected humans, and later transmit infection to other people they bite.
The disease usually is self-limiting but in some people can present with life-threatening complications such as Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever and Dengue Shock Syndrome.
To help with recovery, general measures include:
- Getting plenty of bed rest with proper massage.(i.e Role of massage)
- Drinking lots of fluids
- Apple juice with vinegar but by the help of specialist.(i.e Herbal)
- Taking medicine to reduce fever. Avoid aspirin but paracetamol is considered safe.(i.e Knowledge about medicine)
The best way to prevent dengue fever is by taking precautions to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes which include:
- Using a mosquito repellent containing DEET, or oil of lemon eucalyptus
- Dressing in protective clothing during the day-long-sleeved shirts, long pants, socks, and shoes especially in early morning hours before day break and in late afternoon after dark.
- Keeping unscreened windows and doors closed
- Getting rid of areas where mosquitoes breed, such as standing water in flower pots, containers, and bamboos etc
After treatment and recovery for fitness must doing proper exercise.(i.e Role of excercise)
Above example shows the importance of course “Human Health Awareness “
Outline of Course:
1) Difference between healthy and ill body.
2) Vital Organs and their role and their diseases
3) Endocrine system, hormones, and their diseases
4) Bones, and their diseases
5) Brain and psychological diseases
6) Knowledge about Drugs
7) Knowledge about Herbs
8) Muscles and body shapes
9) Knowledge about massage
10) Knowledge about fitness exercises
11) Reproductive system and family planning
12) Crises management
Course duration: 6 months
Lecture frequency: 1 hr lecture per week
Course fee: 60,000/- Pak Rupees